10 UXPA2014 takeaways
Embed Size (px)
4 days, 17 sessions, 70+ tweets, dozens of individual talks. The UXPA2014 conference helped me to get a clear view on my "calling" and to feel the enormous variety of today's international UX community
Transcript of 10 UXPA2014 takeaways
- UXPA 2014 ^ 21-24 July 2014, Park Plaza Westminster Bridge London
- ^ 10 takeaways by @UXtf
- #1 ^ Leverage the power of research thx @kathstraub
- #2 ^ Design for emotions thx @CaliforniaKara
- #3 ^ thx @MatiasDuarte "If product is the body, UX is the soul."
- #4 ^ thx @elizallen_ Code redundantly
- #5 ^ thx Bill Gribbons Evangelize Product Management
- #6 ^ thx Rolf Molich Make yourself "useful"
- #7 ^ thx to all ;) Consider the 2nd screen during presentations
- #8 ^ thx @carlmyhill Promote (e)Bikes as fashion objects
- #9 ^ thx @johnwhalen Make prototypes, wireframes, and styleguides "the specs"
- #10 ^ thx @annakirah BuildWITH people, not FOR them
- 17 sessions taken ^ thx @uxpa_int MO Research in Practise | Findings UX Professionals should know about Immersion: Using Emotional Design to Create Awesome Customer Experiences ! DI Opening Keynote: Matias Duarte,VP Design,Android Red Herrings: Debunking the Pop Psychology of Color Experience Inspired Innovation:The Fourth Wave of User Centered Design The Future of UX Are you a Super Hero or a SuperVillain? Using design psychology for good (and evil) Inside the UX Studio with 2014 Lifetime Achievement Award Winner Rolf Molich ! MI Music and Mimosas. Improvisation & Innovation Music Lessons for Designers How to understand and prioritise user needs:A marriage of UX research and business strategy methods Bridging the Physical-Digital Divide Beyond design: Using workshops to unlock innovation and creative thinking ! DO Leapfrogging the Dutch! Getting more people motivated to ride bicycles by making them easier to use Maximising the impact of UX in an agile environment: Mixing Agile and Lean UX Design for Fingers,Thumbs, and People: Real World Data and Tactics for Designing Touchscreen Interfaces Get Uncomfortable: Breaking out of a Creative Rut Closing Keynote:Anna Kirah, CXO at Making Waves
- See you June 2015, Loews Coronado Bay San Diego