10 Pro Tips for Building an Interactive Social Media Community
Embed Size (px)
http://www.smmulive.com/register - 10 Pro Tips for Building an Interactive Social Media Communitysocial media,social media management,social media marketing,social media online course
Transcript of 10 Pro Tips for Building an Interactive Social Media Community
- 1. 10 PRO Tips For Building an Interactive Social Media Community
- 2. The core of any social marketing campaign is community building. Without a community of loyal fans,youll never be able to sell, market or collect data from your social pages.Thats why you need to learn how the pros build great, interactive communities for their fans. Here are our top ten tips.
- 3. #1: Address People By Name
- 4. Fans like to be acknowledged, so the next time youre on Facebook, Twitter or your blog address them personally. Show them youreinterested in their opinions, to get fans that come back for more.
- 5. #2: Give Them a Reason
- 6. If youve been publishing post afterpost, and have still not managed to getany comments you need to change it up. Give your fans a reason to reply. The quickest way to do this is via a competition, a free giveaway or a really interesting question.
- 7. #3: Pay Attention To Each Comment
- 8. Comments are like gold on any socialplatform. To build a great communityyou need lots of them, so spend time answering each one to perfection. Most of all, dont publish spam! Oryour posts will scare real commenters away.
- 9. #4: Lend a Helping Hand
- 10. If a fan asks you a niche question, that doesnt benefit you in any way answer it! When you prove that youre willing to help, people will find you more appealing and will continue to frequent your pages.
- 11. #5: Keep it Light and Positive
- 12. It should go without saying that negativity is not allowed on yourpages. People are attracted to positive posts, so be encouraging, innovative and quirky to get their attention. Too much negativity will send your fans packing.
- 13. #6: Get Them Talking
- 14. Get your fans to meet each other and talk to each other to become a realcommunity. Its not just about you and them, its about everyone! Start by asking for opinions on other peoples comments.
- 15. #7: Go Above and Beyond
- 16. Pretend that your community is youronline family. If a family member asksyou to take a look at their blog you should do it! Go the extra mile and your fans will do the same for you. Youll never stop benefiting from it.
- 17. #8: Focus on Interaction
- 18. You need to be where your fans are interacting so focus your attentionthere. Dont get caught up doing other things, its people that are most important to social community building.
- 19. #9: Remember The Little Things
- 20. Get to know your community, and surprise them by remembering theirbirthdays and special occasions. A nice touch is to send them a discount voucher for something in a virtual e-card. It costs you nothing, and means everything to your fan.
- 21. #10: Giving To Receive
- 22. To keep your community happy youneed to consistently give to them. Free stuff, great content, products, discounts, coupons, competitions,chances to win, exclusive sneak peaks they need to form the basis of your online relationships.
- 23. Social Media Marketing University(SMMU) is the creation of John Paul Souza, a serial entrepreneur whos held senior managerial positions at Banc America Capital ManagementGroup and JP Morgan Chase. Serving marketing professionals,
- 24. entrepreneurs and corporations,SMMU differentiates itself by offering hands-on training from hands-onexperts who are actively applying their skills on real-world projects.
- 25. SMMU was recently honored as one of the top 5 finalists by the leading blog site, Mashable, as one of the top provider of social media services for businesses. The firm has earned the title of "most trusted social media firm" with over 900 unsolicited testimonials.
- 26. For more information about socialmedia webinars and social media online courses, please visithttp://www.socialmediamarketinguniversity.com