1 Modesty. 2 3 Challenges 1 Those who never considered “modesty” 2 Those who know the...
Embed Size (px)
Transcript of 1 Modesty. 2 3 Challenges 1 Those who never considered “modesty” 2 Those who know the...
- Slide 1
- 1 Modesty
- Slide 2
- 2 3 Challenges 1 Those who never considered modesty 2 Those who know the scripture but have never applied it to themselves 3 Those who disagree
- Slide 3
- Slide 4
- 4 Flee sexual immorality. Every sin that a man does is outside the body, but he who commits sexual immorality sins against his own body. Or do you not know that your body is the temple of the Holy Spirit who is in you, whom you have from God, and you are not your own? For you were bought at a price; therefore glorify God in your body and in your spirit, which are Gods. Flee sexual immorality. Every sin that a man does is outside the body, but he who commits sexual immorality sins against his own body. Or do you not know that your body is the temple of the Holy Spirit who is in you, whom you have from God, and you are not your own? For you were bought at a price; therefore glorify God in your body and in your spirit, which are Gods. 1 Corinthians 6:18-20
- Slide 5
- 5 Preach the word; be ready in season and out of season. Convince, rebuke, exhort with all longsuffering and teaching, for the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine, but according to their own desires, because they have itching ears, they will heap up for themselves teachers; and they will turn their ears away from the truth and be turned aside to fables. 2 Timothy 4:2-4
- Slide 6
- 6 Warnings Now it came to pass at the end of seven days that the word of the Lord came to me saying, Son of man, I have made you a watchman for the house of Israel; therefore hear a word from My mouth and give them warning from Me: When I say to the wicked, you shall surely die and you give him no warning, nor speak to warn the wicked from his wicked way, to save his life, that same wicked man shall die in his iniquity; but his blood I will require at your hand
- Slide 7
- 7 Warnings Yet if you warn the wicked, and he does not turn from his wickedness, nor from his wicked way, he shall die in his iniquity, but you have delivered your soul. Again, when a righteous man turns from his righteousness, and commits iniquity and I lay a stumbling block before him, he shall die because you did not give him warning, he shall die in his sin and his righteousness which he has done shall not be remembered
- Slide 8
- 8 Warnings but his blood I will require at your hand. Nevertheless, if you warn the righteous man that the righteous should not sin and he does not sin, he shall surely live because he took warning. Also, you will have delivered your soul. Ezekiel 3:16-21
- Slide 9
- 9 Do Not Conform I beseech you therefore brethren by the mercies of God that you present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable to God which is your reasonable service. And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God. Romans 12:1-2
- Slide 10
- 10 Gods Will For this is the will of God, your sanctification that you should abstain from sexual immorality, that each of you should know how to possess his own vessel in sanctification and honor, not in passion of lust like the Gentiles who do not know God that no one should take advantage of
- Slide 11
- 11 Gods Will and defraud his brother in this matter because the Lord is the avenger of all such as we also forewarned you and testified. For God did not call us to uncleanness, but in holiness. Therefore he who rejects this does not reject man but God who has also given us his Holy Spirit. 1 Thessalonians 4:3-8
- Slide 12
- 12 Elimination of preaching on this subject will result in... 1 Not preaching the whole counsel of God Acts 20:27 2 Cater to popularity Luke 6:26 It is a dangerous thing when evil people are pleased with our conduct.
- Slide 13
- 13 Elimination of preaching on this subject results in... 3 Preaching a come as you are gospel. Note to where this has lead other congregations of the Lords church. 4 Stop the growth of the church. When we cease to feed our souls upon Gods word and let it guide us in all aspects of our lives. 5 We will destroy ourselves.
- Slide 14
- 14 My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge. Because you have rejected knowledge I will also reject you from being priest for me; because you have forgotten the law of your God I will also forget your children. Hosea 4:6
- Slide 15
- 15 In like manner that the women adorn themselves in modest apparel... 1 Timothy 2:9
- Slide 16
- 16 Do not let your adornment be merely outward arranging the hair, wearing the gold, or putting on fine apparel rather let it be the hidden person of the heart, with the incorruptible beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is very precious in the sight of God. 1 Peter 3:3-4 1 Peter 3:3-4
- Slide 17
- 17 63% of Psychologists say: The way a girl dresses draws attention to and increases sexual crimes.
- Slide 18
- 18 88% of Psychologists say: Parents of young girls who want to minimize the risk of sex crimes should consider what the girls attire may be signaling, as interpreted by males. as interpreted by males.
- Slide 19
- 19 But beware lest somehow this liberty of yours become a stumbling block to those who are weak. 1 Corinthians 8:9
- Slide 20
- 20 Nakedness Then the eyes of both of them were opened and they knew that they were naked and they sewed fig leaves together and made themselves coverings. Genesis 3:7
- Slide 21
- 21 Spiritual Shame Your nakedness shall be uncovered; yes your shame will be seen Isaiah 47:1-3
- Slide 22
- 22 Spiritual Shame I counsel you to buy from Me gold refined in the fire that you may be rich and white garments that you may be clothed, that the shame of your nakedness may not be revealed Revelation 3:18
- Slide 23
- 23 Mary Quant, London designer, mother of the mini-skirt, quote 11/13/67 mini-clothes are symbolic of those girls who do not want to wait until dark to seduce a man into bed. What is the point of fashion, where is it leading? SEX !
- Slide 24
- 24 Godly Examples Needed ! Therefore let us keep the feast, not with old leaven, nor with the leaven of malice and wickedness, but with the unleavened bread of sincerity and truth. 1 Cor. 5:8 Propriety (shamefastness, KJV) suggests the idea of downcast eyes; bashfulness, i.e., (toward men), modesty or (toward God) awe: -- reverence, shamefacedness. cs
- Slide 25
- 25 Both Phrases Are The Same Greek Translation 1 Timothy 2:9 modest women 1 Timothy 3:2 of good behavior men
- Slide 26
- 26 TOO CLOSE TO THE EDGE !
- Slide 27
- 27 O Be Careful Little Eyes Proverbs 23:31 Do not look on the wine when it is red, when it sparkles in the cup, when it swirls around smoothly. Psalms 119:37 Turn away my eyes from looking at worthless things and revive me in Your way. Psalms 101:3 I will set nothing wicked before my eyes. I hate the work of those who fall away. It shall not cling to me. Psalms 119:18 May our prayer be, Open my eyes that I may see wondrous things from Your law.
- Slide 28
- 28 Conclusion If then you were raised with Christ, seek those things which are above, where Christ is, sitting at the right hand of God. Set your mind on things above, not on things on the earth, for you died and your life is hidden with Christ in God. When Christ, who is our life, appears, then you also will appear with Him in glory. Colossians 3:1-4
- Slide 29
- 29 Conclusion Therefore, whether you eat or drink, whatever you do, do all to the glory of God. 1 Corinthians 10:31
- Slide 30
- Slide 31